IIT (BHU) Varanasi invite online applications from well qualified and meritorious Indian Nationals for faculty positions at the level of Associate Professor and Professor in its various Science & Engineering Departments, Interdisciplinary Schools. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals can also apply for faculty positions.
Details of Vacancies
Associate Professor :
(i) Pharmaceutical Chemistry
A minimum six years of Teaching/Industry/Research experience from the date of award of Ph.D (excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D), of which at least three years’ as Assistant Professor Grade-I in Pay Level 12 or Assistant Professor (Regular) with AGP of Rs. 8000/- (pre-revised) or Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer in a reputed organisation as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Tech and Ph.D students, strong record of publications in reputed peer reviewed journals of good impact factor, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
A minimum 10 years of Teaching/Industry/Research experience from the date of award of Ph.D (excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D), of which at least four years’ at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of guidance of M.Tech & Ph.D students, strong records of publications in reputed peer reviewed journals of good impact factor, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
1. Candidates applying for a faculty position in the Department of Architecture, Planning and Design must have a valid Council of Architecture (COA) registration certificate and a scanned copy of the same should be uploaded alongwith the documents.
2. Candidates applying for a position in more than one Department/School are required to fill separate online application forms.
3. The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application form. If it is found at a later stage that any information given in the application form is incorrect/false the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
4. Depending upon the exceptional qualification and experience, higher initial pay may be offered to deserving candidates as decided by the Selection Committee.
5. Candidates called for presentation as well as interview will be paid second AC railway fare from the nearest Airport/Railway station of place of duty or residence to Varanasi for an overnight journey. Economic Airfare by Air India only will be paid for a long distance journey within India from the local airport of place duty/residence. In addition, candidates will be paid Taxi fare from residence/place of duty to local Railway Station/Airport and back as well as Varanasi Railway Station/Airport to the Institute & Back. You may be provided boarding & lodging at the Institute Guest House subject to availability and expenses will be reimbursed.
6. Applicants, who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions, should send their application form THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL else they will be required to produce a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from their present employer at the time of interview.
7. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements.
8. No information will be sent to those candidates who are not short-listed for interview. No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
9. For availing reservation, the candidates must upload desired certificates in prescribed format with the application form.
10. Foreign Nationals who are Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), if selected, permission will be sought from Govt of India before he/she can join the Institute. Other Foreign Nationals, if selected, appointment will be on a contract basis for up to five years subject to permission from Govt of India before he/she can join the Institute.
11. Political and security clearance from Ministries of External Affairs and Home Affairs is necessary in every case for individuals with foreign passports.
12. The application forms received through any other mode shall not be entertained and the Institute does not take responsibility to inform such candidates.
(i) Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
(ii) The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
(iii) Reservation as per GoI norms.
(iv) The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the post(s) advertised without assigning any reason.
(v) Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area.
(vi) All correspondence should be addressed to the Office of the Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi-221005, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For any clarification, candidates may contact the Office of the Faculty Affairs on the above address.
(vii) Contact details of Heads/Coordinators of the Departments/Schools are available at the Institute website iitbhu.ac.in. The candidates may also approach them for any specific clarification.
The date of submission of online applications is from 09.12.2021 to 30.12.2021
Join Our WhatsApp Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to Download Free Books & Notes, Previous papers for D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Drug Inspector & GPAT……….