Diploma in Pharmacy Exit Examination (DPEE)Regulations, 2022
PCI has issued Extraordinary Gazette on 24 February 2022. According to this Gazette of India, from the session 2021-22, the Diploma in Pharmacy students have been made mandatory to qualified the exit exam for becoming a registered pharmacist in the Pharmacy Council and obtaining a retail drug license after passing the diploma in pharmacy . Candidate will be eligible for registration as Pharmacist in State Pharmacy Counseling only after passing Diploma in Pharmacy exit examination (DPEE) .
Diploma Pharmacy Exit Examination (DPEE) which will be organized by Pharmacy Council India. According to the public notice (circular) of PCI, from the year 2021-22, it is necessary for all the students who have cleared the Diploma Pharmacy Exam to appear in the Diploma Pharmacy Exit Exam.
Diploma Pharmacy Exit Exam (DPEE)will be applicable for all Diploma students from the coming 2021-22.
Procedure of conducting Exit Examination
- The PCI may, for the purposes of conducting exit examination, establish an authority to be known as the Prescribed Authority or designate an authority as the Prescribed Authority that shall conduct the examinations as may be decided by the PCI from time-to-time.
- There shall be three papers of multiple choice questions in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence and Drug Store Management. The language of the examination shall be english. The test for each paper shall be of three hours’ duration.
- A candidate shall be declared as having passed only, if he obtains a minimum of 50% marks in each paper separately.
- A candidate shall have to pass all the three papers in the same attempt. However, there shall be no restriction on the number of attempts to appear in the examination.
- A certificate of eligibility for enrolment and practice shall be issued to the successful candidate which will be presented before the State Pharmacy Council for registration as a pharmacist.
Registration of the candidate as pharmacist after passing Diploma in Pharmacy Exit Examination
After having passed the Diploma in Pharmacy Exit Examination, a candidate shall be entitled to registration as a pharmacist subject to fulfilment of the conditions enumerated in section 32(2) of the Pharmacy Act, The applications for registration shall be addressed to the Registrar of the State Pharmacy Council and shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee and the documents as referred to in section 46(2)(g) of the Act.
After coming into force of these regulations, the candidates who have completed the approved course of Diploma in Pharmacy and having qualified in the Diploma in Pharmacy Exit Examination only will be eligible for registration as pharmacists under section 33 of the Pharmacy Act 1948.
Note: These regulation shall not apply to the persons whose names are already entered in the register of pharmacists for the state.
Join Our WhatsApp Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to Download Free Books & Notes, Previous papers for D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Drug Inspector & GPAT……….