- The medicated Gels can be examined physically for appearance like clarity, colour and presence of any particle.
2. Skin irritation
- Skin Irritation is determined by applying the gel on the skin of healthy volunteers.
- No irritation: 0
- Slight irritation: 1
- Irritation: 2
- pH of Gels can be measured using digital pH meter.
- Standard pH of gel is 5 to 5.5.
- Viscosity was determined using Brookefield viscometer.
5. Drug content
- Determined by appropriate spectrophotometrically like uvspectrophotometer.
- Spreadability is measured by spreading 0.5 g Gel on a circle of 2 cm diameter on a glass plate. Then a second glass plate is placed. 1/2 kg weight placed on the upper glass plate for 5 minutes.
- Finally diameter of circle spreading is measured.
S = ML/TSPREADIBILITY
M= weight of an upper side
L= length of circle/ diameter
T= time in minutes
- Also known as shipping test.
- It is performed to determine stability of Gel at various temperatures and RH (Relative humidity). Read more – stability Test
Join Our WhatsApp Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to Download Free Books & Notes, Previous papers for D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Drug Inspector & GPAT……….