|Name of the Papers||Language of Examination|
|Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities||Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu|
|Paper-II: Concerned Subject (Degree Level)||English Only|
PAPER-I: GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
- Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English. (10th Class Standard)
PAPER-II: CONCERN SUBJECT (DEGREE LEVEL)
- Importance of various Pharmacopoeias with special reference to Indian Pharmacopoeia, British Pharmacopoeia, Unites States Pharmacopoeia and International Pharmacopoeia.
- Sources of drugs: Plant, Animal, Mineral, Synthetic and Biotechnological drugs.
- Preparation of Infusions, Decoctions, Tinctures, Solutions, Soft and Dry extracts. Introduction and classification of various pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Various parts of “Prescription” handling of prescriptions preliminary knowledge of important Latin terms useful in interpretation of prescription and their translation into English.
- Posology: Calculation of dosage for infants, children adults and elderly persons. Alcohol dilutions, Proof spirit, Isotonic solutions, Displacement value.
- Brief outline of communicable diseases, their causative agents, modes of transmission and their prevention (Chicken pox, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Filaria, Leprosy, Sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS).
- First Aid: Emergency treatment of shock, snake-bites, burns, poisoning and fractures.
- Classification of microbes their structure and identification. Bacterial growth, nutritional requirements and staining.
- Contamination of pharmaceuticals in hospital and community environments by microbes.
- Sterilization: Definition, types, procedure and testing.
- Sterilization of materials, equipments and utensils used in hospitals, centralized and decentralized sterilization. Drug distribution system in hospitals for outpatients, in- patients and unit dose dispensing system.
- Hospital acquired infections and infection control programs.
- Biomedical Waste Management.
- Opthalmic preparations: formulations, methods of preparation, containers and evaluation.
- Collection, processing, storage and evaluation of blood, blood products and plasma – substitutes
- Surgical products: Surgical cotton, surgical gauzes, bandages, sutures, ligatures and catgut.
- Definition and types of incompatibilities (Physical Chemical and Therapeutic), correction of incompatibilities.
- Anatomy and physiology of Cardio-vascular system and related common disorders like hypertension, hypotension, angina, myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure.
- Anatomy and physiology of Digestive system and related disorders like peptic ulcers, constipation, diarrhea and jaundice, and Drugs acting on Gastro-intestinal tract: antacids, anti-ulcer drugs, anti-emetics, laxatives, anti-diarrheal drugs and probiotics.
- Functions of different parts of Brain and spinal cord, Neurohumoral transmission in the central nervous system and autonomic nervous system.
- Drugs, acting on cardiovascular system: Digitalis and other cardiac glycosides, anti-hypertensive drugs, anti-anginal and vasodilators including calcium channel antagonists.
- Drugs acting on central nervous systems: Sedatives, hypnotics, anti-anxiety agents, centrally acting muscle relaxants, anti-epileptics, analgesic, anti-phyretic and anti- inflammatory drugs.
- Antigens, anti-bodies, antigen-anti body reactions, hypersensitivity active and passive immunity, types of vaccines, Monoclonal antibodies and their clinical applications.
- Historical development of antibiotics. Isolation of fermentation products with special reference to pencillins and tetracyclines.
- Carbohydrate metabolism: Glycolysis, glucogenesis, glucogenolysis, glycogen formation, pentose phosphate pathway, uronic acid pathway, abnormalities of carbohydrate metabolism.
- Introduction and principles of anti-microbial therapy Cotrimoxazole, fluoroquinolones, newer pencillins, broad spectrum antibiotics, cephalosporins, macrolides, anti-tubercular, anti-leprotic, antifungal and anti-viral drugs.
- Anti protozoan and anthelmintic drugs. Chemotheraphy of neoplastic diseases.
- Salient features of Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules, 1945 with special reference to Duties and powers of Inspectors. Composition and functions of statutory bodies.
- Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances Act, 1985 with special reference to procurement and utilization of dosage forms.
- GMP and CGMP: Salient Features.
- Regulatory Aspects concerning Medical Devices.
Join Our WhatsApp Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Telegram Group to Download Free Books & Notes, Previous papers for D.Pharm, B.Pharm, Drug Inspector & GPAT……….