1. Rules and regulations of Drugs and cosmetic Act 1940 and Rules there under, 1945 with amendment, Pharmacy act 1948, Poison act 1919 and Prevention of Cruelty to Animal act
2. Definition: Materia Medica, Pharmacy, Pharmacology and therapeutics
3. Exploration of some important items: Parental Preparations, Ophthalmic preparations, Tablets and Capsules, Emulsions, Suspension, Ointment and Cream, concentration, granulations, anthemintics, anesthetics, Hypnotics, Maceration, surgical dressings, etc.
4. Composition : Standardization and assay of important I.P, B.P and USP Drugs.
5.Study of Antibiotics, Vitamins, enzymes, steroids and hormones
6. Advantage and limitations:
(a) Chemical methods of analysis
(b) Instrumental method of analysis.
7. Theory and applications of visible spectrophotometry, UV spectrophotometer, Infra red spectrophotometer, refrectometer, polarimetry, Potentiometry, Fluorimetiy, Flame photometer and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
8. Chromatography: Introduction, Principals and experimental details and apr ‘ ‘cations of paper , thin layer, Gas (GC), liquid chromatography (HPLC) and ion exchange chromatography.
9. Measurement of pH, detection and determination of pH, Instrumentation.
10. Dissolution and Disintegration test, Limit test and Alcohol determination
11. Accuracy & precision, classification of errors, minimization of errors, mean (average) deviation, standard deviation, calibration of analytical equipment’s.
12. Explains: Titrimetric analysis, aqueous acid base titration, non aqueous acid base titration, complexometric titration, precipitation titration, oxidation-reduction titration including idometry and iodimetry, gravimetric analysis, Miscellaneous methods; Sodium nitrite titration and Karl fisher titration etc.
13. Pharmacognosy study of various systems of classifications of crude drugs
14. General methods of extraction, isolation, identification, standardization of ayurvedic formulations.
15. Sterilization, different methods, evolution of sterilization methods, sterility testing of pharmaceuticals products.
16. Microbiological assay of antibiotics and vitamins
17. Bacterial Endotoxin Test and Pyrogen Test.
18. Basic aspects of Computer applications: Introduction to Computers, Hardware Components, Input and Output devices, Overview of Operating Systems, Application Software
Join Our WhatsApp Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates like Pharma Job notifications, study materials, admission alerts, Pharma News, etc
Join Our Telegram Group to Download Free Books & Notes, Previous papers for D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Drug Inspector & GPAT……….